Thursday, May 9, 2013

Skinny love


 
I've always been drawn to elegant, barely-there digit accessories; loving that we're not tied down to rocks of the larger kind, especially when considering our big-day-ring choice. I can appreciate a larger statement when it suits its owner...but...
 
via here & here
It's no news to the people in my life that when it comes to the threads I wear, my accessories of choice and homeware, I gravitate toward natural, simple lines with a little more hint of earthiness than polished glam. Same applies for my big-day-ring of choice (not that anyone asked). There's something about the understated elegance of these skinny lines that scream more than (in my personal opinion) what a rock would (on my finger anyway). You might remember this post and this one about more alternative "I do" statements I've found.
 
 
I've tried, but I can't seem to trick myself into wanting a diamond studded anything unless it's resembling a tiny speckle of dust. Hence, my love affair with layers of the skinny kind - three layered, plain, hammered beauties, to be precise. There's no way these can get in the way of my minimalistic moods!
 
Do you like these barely-there alternatives or do you prefer the sparkle of a solid rock? If you already have your big-day-ring, do you still love it as much as when you first got it or has your taste and style changed?

images via here, here, here

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. I want some really really skinny silver ones, but having trouble finding exactly what I'm looking for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some on etsy! My pinterest should have them - if not, I'll pin them to my accessories board now so you can see.

      Delete
  2. Πολυ ωραια.
    Καλημερα μαρια μπορεις να μου κανεις μια χαρη και να κανεις like στις σελιδες μου· Ευχαριστω για τον χρονο σου Αντωνης.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pieces are gorgeous! I am a bold statement person myself but I definitely appreciate their beauty!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. These skinny rings are completely lovely and understated. I could definitely see wearing one instead of some large two-ring combo. Simplicity is nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read these words and leaving some of your own behind.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails