Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Friday, July 27, 2012
Now that I've had my moment centre stage, the deal is that I share 7 facts about myself and pass the spotlight over to the blogs that see me going back for more. As I wrote something similar a little while back, I'll try not to double up too much...
|Tom Gunn Melbourne. Sorry for the iphone quality.|
1. I'm smiling when it rains these days and the stuff has been coming down in bucket loads. You'd think a pair of puddle-stomping boots would be an appropriate purchase, right? This weeks purchase of choice went more along the lines of derby style Tom Gunn cut-outs...you can't stomp puddles but they're equally fab! More to come about my new kicks...
2. I live with big dreams by my side. Daily.
3. I won't drag my heels at snail-pace, I don't like to jog and I can bake.
4. I have cat-like-landing abilities. There is this fab crowd of peeps in my life that provide all the cotton wool I could want to land firmly and safely on my feet, no matter what life throws (or I create). In other words, I pinch myself when I think of the outrageously talented, creative, inspiring and loving bunch of people I have in my life. If I could wrap them up and keep them in my pocket to take through every step in my days, I would!
5. The highlight of the week gone by would (by far) be my time spent back in Melbourne and the gorgeous people I was surrounded by. As much as I do miss calling the town home, I'm grounded when my plane lands in little Adelaide to have my boy pick me up with open arms. Speaking of the boy, I can't avoid mentioning the countdown to our icey-cold Tasmanian getaway (kicking off in just a few days) adding the cherry to my already sweet days.
6. I'm a twin. I've said this before so I'm sorry to repeat, but he's worth the mention in these 7 little facts. He's the other half that balances my dreamy self. I'll often say we're a classic chalk-and-cheese comparison. It's not entirely the case. As we grow older, I'm noticing more and more that we're gravitating to some kind of common-mode. Although I'll still be the one spinning around centre stage or painting away on canvas while he plans his next strategically crafted business venture, there's some shatter-resistant 'twin thing' that keeps us somehow, without realising, the same. In a different kind of way...
7. I'm as passionate as ever about everyone in my life and everything I put in my life.
...and now for the blog roll. With a growing bunch of sites that I visit on a daily basis, it's a hard task to pick just a few, but here goes. The list of 7 blogs topping my list of faves at the moment are:
I will never tire of checking back to Hearted Girl; frankieheartsfashion is flooded with inspiration; Cee from cocoandvera was one of the first I followed and will always sing a Hurrah for; Village blog is still topping my favourites for the beautiful photography it's filled with; A Girl in Transit has quite possible the cutest photos filling her posts; not to mention the fun filling A is for love; last but not least, Adailysomething is a must-check-out!
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Friday, July 20, 2012
In fact, this reminds me of what our family gatherings are all about. Loud, dramatic outbursts tangled amongst the gut-aching laughs, good food and family. This is the strongest campaign I've seen in a while, not to mention the spectacular fall/winter designs. The more I look over the images, the heavier I fall for this shoot. Enjoy x
Thursday, July 19, 2012
|via and here|
RACHEL CASTLE - 20 PAINTINGS
KOSKELA from July 20th 2012
1/85 Dunning Ave
Rosebery NSW 2018
//lucky I stopped by Design Files today!
Monday, July 16, 2012
Cross the model world's list-topping beauty, Dasha Z with Nikolay Biryukov's lens and you'll get one solid nod to the haunting, classic black and whites of days gone by. Biryukov's talent worked on overdrive for Fashion Gone Rogue's latest exclusive, Mirror Mirror. Dasha put in a solid days work too, sporting a wardrobe of La Perla and Prada threads. My write up and more images are here.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Do you think you can often tell a lot about a person by the way they deal with a drizzly day?
Friday, July 6, 2012
Monday, July 2, 2012
Thanks to a (my) wise move in subscribing to Gourmet Traveller's (GT) monthly editions, I'm on the receiving end of 12 months worth of well-edited, seasonal focused recipe mags. Ok, admitedly I arranged the subscription for my dad's Christams pressie but I'll still reserve the back-pats for a good idea! GT's July edition didn't fail to meet expectations either. Smack bang in the high of winter, GT served up the goods and threw a few Frenchie treats our way. My pick of the lot was a hearty, spruced up plate of peas. Yes, the dish of petits pois a la Francaise is said to be a "side" but if, like me, you love your greens just as much I recommend switching this into a broth-ier, soup-ier style feast to hit the spot. On a side note, if you've been the one pushing your peas to the side of your plate all your life, I'm a strong believer that this will convert you.
Images all via my trusty iPad snaps of Australian Gourmet Traveller July 2012.