Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holiday checklist

Relax? No Diet? Smile? Check...

You always know it's been a great one when you're fighting with your jeans post Xmas day feast. This Christmas, I flew home to what resulted in one jolly ride of food overload, aching 'smile' muscles, sugar hits (ridiculously multiplied), and of course the company only family can provide. I know our mothers always told us it's rude, but I can't help my finger pointing at Christmas day success! Now, with no excuse for a sweet treat, I attempt to show some restraint on the goodies as I travel to this pathetically day-dreamy pace. Floating through Boxing Day and beyond, I've been drifting through some beautiful blogs, revisiting the Xmas cheer snapped on my camera, and jumping the occasional swing of the skipping rope to burn off these guilty calories. The only pressing matter (aside from the scale pin moving up) these holidays has been the decision to make that cuppa and sit down to a third re-read of a great book [Watching The Tree written by Adeline Yen Mah]. In my opinion, this checks the 'take it easy' box of my Christmas plan. I repeat, a big gold star goes to Christmas 2010! 

On that note, I'm off to boil that kettle and settle down to a great read. How did your Christmas fare?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read these words and leaving some of your own behind.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails