So if you're keen to know why Day 3 is a killer, here are the Whole30 rules - you must agree to these ugly terms and conditions (with a silent nod to yourself) if you want to get to the promised sunshine and rainbows on day 30.
Why it's good for you:
- Whole30 strips all gut-disrupting, inflammatory, insulin-spiking, calorie-dense foods for a full 30 days.
- Allows your body to heal and recover from any foods provoking all the ugly stuff like bloating, allergies, inflammation, etc.
- Pushes the "reset" button on your metabolism
- Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial
- Do not eat processed foods
- Do not drink alcohol
- Do not eat grains
- Do not eat legumes
- Do not eat dairy
- Do not eat white potatoes
- No “Paleo-fying” less-than-healthy recipes – no “Paleo” pancakes, “Paleo” pizza, “Paleo” fudge or “Paleo” ice cream