- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tsp maple syrup, divided (if you're on Whole30, just leave this out)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (again, Whole30 eaters may swap this for a fresh vanilla pod)
- Place banana slices in a single layer on a plate or tray lined with parchment or wax paper; freeze at least 3 hours.
- In a bowl, combine almonds, 2 tsp syrup and salt. In a food processor, pulse frozen banana slices, milk, vanilla and remaining 2 tbsp syrup, scraping down the sides as necessary, until mixture is the texture of soft-serve ice cream.
- Spoon into bowls; sprinkle with almond mixture. You're done.