Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Whole30: Take 2

via
Whole 30 round 2 has kicked off for me today. I know hearing about Whole30 might be getting old  but I'm carrying on with this good thing regardless. In case you've missed it on my previous posts, Whole30 is all about saying no to sugar, alcohol, legumes, grains, dairy and anything else you think of that's processed. Think all things green, plenty of fruit, clean protein, herbal tea and black coffee and you're on your way to Whole30 success.

Here are some of the benefits you'll experience on Whole30:
  1. This is not a fad. It's a way to clean your diet and bring it back to basics...for good.
  2. Say goodbye to aches, inflammation and irritating gut cramps. I was skeptical too, but Whole30 shakes your body up so much that niggling pains disappear. I began training (ballet) better than ever and at the end of the day I wasn't sucking an irritated stomach in.
  3. You'll have a refreshing energy from the minute you wake up.
  4. You won't crave sugar.
  5. You will lose inches. This is not the reason to tackle Whole30 but it sure is a nice side effect.
  6. You will sleep like a bambino.
  7. Your skin will glow and your hair will be goddess-like.
  8. You need discipline for the first week. After that, it's a piece of cake!


So, who's joining me? Let me know if you're keen to tackle mon-fri (weekends free) Whole30 style. I'll be posting Whole30 Wednesday tips, tricks and recipe ideas if you're up for the fun.

7 comments:

  1. Well done, Maria. i always have lots of respect for people who have the discipline to say no to sugar, dairy, alcohol etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about halfway to willing to join you in this... and then I remember that I live in France and this would be the silliest possible time to give up baked goods, even if it's only five days a week, particularly considering I very often eat baguette for dinner :) If you're still working on this when September comes, I'll jump on board with you!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cee, DON'T DO IT :) enjoy France and all the amazing baked goods!!!!! I'll see you in September - by that time I'll be thinking about getting to the beach so a cleanse will be on the cards ;)
      Xx

      Delete
  3. Good for you Maria ... I look forward to watching your progress ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i made the switch to gluten free this year and its tough, but so good! not only do i look better (yay, no carbs) but i feel so much better! i've slipped up a few times and splurged on something, but i just feel awful the next day so it's not even worth it anymore! good luck with switching, i'm sure you're body will thank you <3

    Xo Courtney || ColorMeCourtney.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read these words and leaving some of your own behind.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails