Monday, November 15, 2010

making new old again

 [new]

[old]

image from lastfm.com

Giving me the giggles to top an all round lazy day off was this delightful find of an old Fred Astaire snap. Some months back, without his classic wall-jump in mind, I saved the [new] image for its fresh creative inspiration. There go those giggles again as I indulge in my current obsession with how everything 'new' has a trace back to something brilliant and 'old'. This post has no real point other than to pat the backs of these old time stars. As I restrain my back patting from exploding to a roaring applause it's needless to say that falling upon this Astaire and comparing these snaps has got me doing a little dance (not quite on my ceiling) of joy for the incredible foundation these performers set for the up and coming starlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read these words and leaving some of your own behind.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails