Wednesday, January 9, 2013

On your mark, get set....2013!

 Welcome back! We're well and truly over the New Year hurdle and I've decided I'm kicking off 2013 with the boldest fist-pump a girl can mange! As I'm no pen-to-paper-resolution-maker, I'm dedicating this post to a peep into the year that was and looking up at my dreams of a glittery, bright 2013 to be. Here goes..

Memory #1: If you followed through most of 2012, you'd recall me whirling through rental agreement break-ups and eventually peeling myself away from my Melbourne deco-style-one-bedder, bratty tears and all. With 2 years worth of life taped in removalist boxes, I booked the one-way-er back to the family home; by far my best move of the year!



I put my money on my tappers...
Memory #2: I spent my days in employment contracts (and there were a few!), buying too many shoes (all investments, of course!), going on road-trips with my love, splashing paint on canvas and rolling in gut-aching laughs with my most treasured girls. My tappers were finally shuffled back (thanks to a massive kick of courage) into the best thing I'll live to know too, ballet!



Road trip, Tasmania, Winter 2012
Photobucket
For those who witnessed the time this took, you'd understand
my satisfaction in making that final stroke!
If you're still reading, I'm extending some massive blogger thanks your way. Hang on!There's a tiny bit more to come. I have 3 things to say to the 365 days ahead of me...
Hey, 2013 #1: Challenges and all, I'm giving a nod to the brilliant start 2012 paved for one heck of a 2013, sending me giddy with a shot at some shiny new possibilities. Anything is possible with the sugar-sweet-love from my incredible man; the one to boost me with his positivity, courage and balance through my days. I'm pinching myself for the greatest earth-shaking-love I'll know!

Hey, 2013 #2: It's all about simplicity, huh; stripping it all back to basics and grounding myself with the love and care only family can provide (and good friends). Without them, I'd go troppo. I'll be making sure to march on with these words in mind, "always remember, you're like the 5 people you spend the most time with..."

Hey, 2013 #3: I'm set and ready to lose myself amongst the biggest, brightest dreams I've had!


I hope your 2013 has kicked off to one bright n' shiny start! Looking forward to having you follow through the journey to come.

9 comments:

  1. Nice pics. I wish you all the best in 2013. Have a great day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maria!!! I haven't been around for so long (a self imposed necessary break!) but now and then I think of my blog and my blog friends, how I miss it and them and wonder what you've been up to! Soooo..where to start? I am sorry I missed your comment on an August post..I would love to support your 'new' blog. Just post me details (my blog is ok to do that - I intend to start easing myself in this week) and I'll snap to it - how exciting! I have been browsing what you've been up to and was so moved by your post to your cousin and his addiction. I can only imagine your grief. I hope some longed for meaningful reconnection between you both is soon to come, that your reaching out and prayers for him are answered. I hope just posting on him, and sharing those sweet photos and memories on line brings something hoped for. I am sure that at least that post will reach many in the same position and that you have at least eased hearts a fraction by sharing your own pain. X
    Wishing you a fantastic 2013 Maria with lots of life affirming creative endeavour. I'll be staying tuned! :)
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best in 2013. I love that this year is all about simplicity for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your #2! I'm trying to do the same! Here's to great things in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year - yay 2013!! I think this list is awesome - go out and grab those dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Maria, this collection of memories is lovely!!! the 1st photo is full of charm :) all sorts of small + big things to smile about. it's good to see and be reminded of. we bloggers have a rare circumstance, a lot of us can go back in time through our own spaces full of pics, stories and so forth. it's kind of awesome to have our blogs as a tether to connect with beloved moments like these. wishing you all this and so much more for 20XIII girl! best year yet is what! xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love this post and all the memories! Here's to 2013 and all it has to offer :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was such a lovely way to catch up on all that I`ve missed out on in your life this year. It sounds like 2012 was a year of big but very positive changes :) Wishing you the very happiest of happy years in 2013 and planning to follow along much more closely this time!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read these words and leaving some of your own behind.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails